- Requesters who don’t revise the survey instruction box.
- Requesters who leave the template note in. This was in the instructions for a survey I did today. This survey was not about social networks. This is the template they give researchers to edit. EDIT THIS. AND TAKE OUT THE TEMPLATE NOTE. Seriously. 80% of the surveys I looked at had this in it.
- Requesters who put one question per page on a survey. This slows down the loading time and makes me crazy.
- Requesters who apologize for their poorly paid hits. This one paid 5 cents for 100 questions.
- Requesters who have a survey that requires a password but they don’t provide the password. ETA from Rochelle: that means that I didn’t complete a prequalification–so this rant is a bit out of line and I apologize–but communicating that I need a prequal should be crystal clean and I don’t think it was!
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SLOPPINESS ON MTURK??